Here are the answers to some of our most frequent questions but we are happy to answer anything you may have questions about if you can’t find the answers here. Please call us anytime!
What classes do you offer?
Download the Course Catalog Here: Academy of Reflexology Catalog – 2018
What are the class schedule options?
Monday through Friday Scheduled Classes
Class hours: 9:00 a.m. through 3:30 p.m., with half an hour for lunch, Monday through Friday. This program consists of 30-class-hours per week, for approximately 13 week, plus hours of student clinical practice at Academy and hours clinical practice home study.
Evening and Saturday Scheduled Classes
Class hours: 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evening and from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Saturday with an hour for lunch. This program consists of 20-class-hours per week for approximately 20 weeks, plus hours of student clinical practice at Academy and clinical practice home study.
What’s your refund policy?
The Academy practices in its admissions, instruction and certification, non-discriminatory policies on the basis of age, gender, race, creed, financial or social status.
Student Complaint Process
OCTS is responsible for reviewing and responding to student claims for monetary reimbursement against post-secondary proprietary schools that are non-credit bearing and non-degree granting. OCTS adjudicates only claims for monetary reimbursement and cannot adjudicate claims involving programmatic content. Monetary claims for reimbursement are limited to tuition and fees paid out of pocket by the student. OCTS does not have jurisdiction to adjudicate claims for reimbursement of scholarships, financial assistance, or fee reductions. OCTS cannot offer legal advice or initiate civil court cases.
Students filing claims must meet these requirements:
- Be a current or former student in a program at a school regulated by OCTS (see List of Accredited Institutions).
- Follow and exhaust the school’s complaint resolution process with the school directly; or provide a detailed explanation (see Complaint Form in step 3) as to why the school’s complaint process was not completed.
- File a formal claim with OCTS by completing the online Student Complaint Form, and attaching the following documents:
- A statement of the facts supporting the claim and outlining the problem, and
- A copy of the enrollment agreement signed by the student, and
- Copies of all receipts for tuition paid by cash, check, money order or credit card, and
- Any other material which substantiates the claim.
OCTS will review the claim and contact the claimant if additional information or clarification is needed. When the student’s initial claim is determined valid by OCTS, OCTS will forward a copy of the claim to the school, and the school will have three (3) weeks to respond. Upon receipt of the school’s response, OCTS will adjudicate the claim and issue a final determination. Both the student and the school will receive notification of the OCTS final determination.
NOTE: If you believe a school has acted in a discriminatory manner, you may wish to contact the Indiana Civil Rights Commission using the ICRC’s complaint form.